Shri Adhinath Bhagwan in white color, seated in a lotus posture, of height 104 cms in a shrine in Jhagadia village.
The inscriptions on the idols make the antiquity of this shrine most evident. In Vikram year 1921, some idols were discovered from under the earth in fields near the village. From amongst them, on one of the idol, i.e. of Sri Chakrishvari Devi, an inscription was found which stated that those idols were ceremonially consecrated at the instance of Minister Sri Prithvipal on Magh Sukla 10 in Vikram year 1200. The local king of the area Sri Gambhirsinhji built then this temple, and in Vikram year 1928 on Magh Krishna 5 they were once again ceremonially consecrated and installed. Thereafter in Vikram year 1959, the local Jain community took over the administration and management of the temple from Rana Chhatrasinhji, son of Rana Gambhirisinhji and the temple was renovated again.
The Jain householders of the cities of Baroda (Vadodara) and Bharuch on coming to know about the idols discovered from under the earth had approached the local Rana for gaining their possession but the Rana disappointed them by saying that thought in this city at that time there was not a single Jain family and not a single Jain temple it would be a matter of great dishonor and shame to him and to his kingdom if he were to hand over the idols to outsiders. He expressed thereafter his own determination to build a suitable temple himself and further requested these Jain householders from Vadodara and Bharuch to come and settle down in his kingdom. He promised all help from his state for resettlement and trade. In this way, after building the temple, the Rana looked after it for 30 years and then handed it over to the newly settled Jain community in the area. Such occurring are not frequently heard.
There is no other temple nearby.
The art displayed in constructing the Sikhar of the temple and the stone arches on the entry gate is very intricate and fine and therefore worth seeing.
The inscriptions on the idols reveal that they belong to the year 1200 of the Vikram era. They were formally installed by the then King Shri Gambhirsinhji on the fifth day of the dark half of the month of Magh in the year 1928 of the Vikram era and the temple was renovated by the Sangha in the year 1959 of the Vikram era. When Shravakas asked the King to give them the idols found from the hollow of the ground, the king said that it was a disgrace to the state to give the idols. He promised them that he would build another temple for Jains and give them trading facilities. Thus the king built the temple and looked after it for years. Such a history is rare to find.